Primary Clinical Teachers
- Jeanne Hendrickson, MD, Associate Director, Transfusion Medicine Service (YNHH), Associate Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pediatrics: Red blood cell alloimmunization; Hemolytic disease of the newborn
- Diane Krause, MD, PhD, Associate Director, Blood Bank (YNHH), Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Cell Biology: Characterization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells, studies of molecular mechanisms for the regulation of the self-renewal and differentiation of these cells.
- Edward Snyder, MD, Director, Blood Bank (YNHH), Professor of Laboratory Medicine: Transfusion medicine clinical trials for new Blood Bank products, clinical studies using regenerative medicine approaches for engineering new blood vessels, stem cell collection and processing.
- Gary Stack, MD, PhD, Chief of the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service (VA Connecticut) and Professor of Laboratory Medicine (YNHH): The role of cytokines in mediating transfusion reactions.
- Christopher Tormey, MD, Program Director of the Transfusion Medicine Fellowship, Associate Professor of Laboratory Medicine: Platelet storage lesions, blood group antigen alloimmunization
- Dominick Giovanniello, DO, MHSA Medical Director American Red Cross Connecticut Blood Services Region, Assistant Clinical Professor of Laboratory Medicine: Blood donor center operations
- Amit Gokhale, MD, Assistant Director, Blood Bank (YNHH), Instructor of Laboratory Medicine: Transfusion reactions.
- Irwin Nash, MD, Clinician in Laboratory Medicine, Associate Clinical Professor of Pathology: Transfusion practice