- Howe JG, Crouch J, Cooper D, Smith BR. Real-time quantitative RT-PCR for cyclin D1 mRNA in blood, marrow and tissue specimens for diagnosis of mantle cell lymphoma. Clin Chem (2004) 50: 80-7.
- Hui P, Howe JG, Crouch J, Nimmakayalu M, Qumsiyeh MB, Tallinni G, Flynn S, Smith BR. Real-time quantitative RT-PCR of cyclin D1 mRNA in mantle cell lymphoma: comparison with FISH and immunohistochemistry. Leukemia & Lymphoma (2003) 44, 1385-94.
- Berger CL, Hanlon D, Kanada D, Dhodapkar, M Lombillo V, Wang N, Christensen I, Howe G, Crouch J, El-Fishawy P, Edelson R. The growth of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma is stimulated by immature dendritic cells. Blood (2002) 99, 2929-39.
- Wang S, Li N, Heald P, Fisk JM, Fadare O, Howe JG, McNiff JM, Smith BR. Flow cytometric DNA ploidy analysis of peripheral blood from patients with sezary syndrome: detection of aneuploid neoplastic T cells in the blood is associated with large cell transformation in tissue. American Journal of Clinical Pathology (2004) 122, 774-82.
- Wang S, Ernst LM, Smith BR, Tallini G, Howe JG, Crouch J, Cooper DL. Systemic Tropheryma whippleii infection associated with monoclonal B-cell proliferation: a Helicobacter pylori-type pathogenesis? Arch Pathol Lab Med (2003) 127, 1619-22.
EBV in situ hybridization
- Jain D, Parkash V, Li M, Gill J, Crouch J, Howe G, Tallini G. Epstein-Barr virus RNA detection and glandular differentiation in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: report of 2 cases. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine (2000) 124, 1369-72.
- McNiff JM, Cooper D, Howe G, Crotty PL, Tallini G, Crouch J, Eisen RN. Lymphomatoid granulomatosis of the skin and lung. An angiocentric T-cell-rich B-cell lymphoproliferative disorder. Archives Dermatology (1996) 132, 1464-70.
- Salloum, E, Cooper DL, Howe G, Lacy J, Tallini G, Crouch J, Schultz M, Murren J. Spontaneous regression of lymphoproliferative disorders in patients treated with methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis and other rheumatic diseases. J. Clin. Oncol. (1996) 14, 1943-9.
- Crouch J, Leitenberg D, Smith BR, Howe G. Epstein-Barr virus suspension cell assay using in situ hybridization and flow cytometry. Cytometry (1997) 29, 50-7.
- Kang I, Quan T, Nolasco H, Park SH, Hong MS, Crouch J, Pamer EG, Howe JG, Craft J.Defective control of latent EBV infection in systemic lupus erythematosus. Journal of Immunology (2004) 172, 1287-94.
- McGuirk JP, Seropian S, Howe G, Smith B, Stoddart L, Cooper DL. Use of rituximab and irradiated donor-derived lymphocytes to control Epstein-Barr virus-associated lymphoproliferation in patients undergoing related haplo-identical stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplantation (1999) 24, 1253-8.
Bacterial 16S DNA sequencing
- Wilck MB, Wu YY, Howe JG, Crouch JY, Edberg SC. Endocarditis caused by culture-negative organisms visible by Brown Brenn staining: Utility of PCR and DNA sequencing for diagnosis. Journal of Clinical Microbiology (2001) 39, 2025-7.
- Vielemeyer O, Crouch JY, Edberg SC, Howe JG. Bordetella pertussis identified in a critically ill HIV-infected patient by direct genotypical analysis of Gram stained material and discrimination from B. holmesii using a unique RecA gene restriction enzyme site. Journal of Clinical Microbiology (2004) 42, 847-9.
- Ernst LM, Crouch J, Rinder H, Howe JG. Bacterial etiology for chronic villitis is not supported by polymerase chain reaction for 16S rRNA DNA. Pediatric and Developmental Pathology (2005) 8, 647-53.
Platelets and Coagulation
- Rinder CS, Mathew JP, Rinder HM, Howe JG, Fontes M, Crouch J, Pfau S, Patel P, Smith BR. Multicenter study of perioperative ischemia research group. Platelet PlA2 polymorphism and platelet activation are associated with increased troponin I release after cardiopulmonary bypass. Anesthesiology (2002) 97, 1118-22.
- Mathew JP, Rinder CS, Howe JG, Fontes M, Crouch J, Newman MF, Phillips-Bute B, Smith BR and McSPI. Platelet PIA2 polymorphism enhances risk of neurocognitive decline after cardiopulmonary bypass. Ann Thorac Surg (2001) 71, 663-6.
- Klein R, Howe JG, Magriples U, McPhedran P. Eclampsia in a woman homozygous for the prothrombin G20210A mutation. Thromb and Haemost (2004) 91, 201-2.