Prognosis; Respiratory Tract Diseases; Virus Diseases; Diagnostic Techniques and Procedures
My interests focus on the rapid detection and quantitation of viruses for clinical diagnosis and the impact of new test methods on patient management. Ongoing projects include optimization of rapid assays for respiratory viruses and herpesviruses and development of real-time molecular methods for viral diagnosis.
- Landry ML, Ferguson D,. Comparison of Simplexa Flu A/B & RSV PCR with cytospin-immunofluorescence and laboratory-developed TaqMan PCR in predominantly adult hospitalized patients. J Clin Microbiol 52:3057-3059; 2014.
- Peaper D, Landry ML. Laboratory diagnosis of viral infection. In Handbook of Clinical Neurology pp. 123-147, 2014.
- Peaper D and Landry ML. Rapid Diagnosis of Influenza: State of the Art. Clin Lab Med 2014 34:365-85, 2014.
- Landry ML, Ferguson D. Topal J. Comparison of Simplexa Universal Direct PCR with Cytotoxicity for Diagnosis of Clostridium difficile Infection: Performance, Cost, and Correlation with Disease. J Clin Microbiol 52:275-80; 2014.
- Gitman MR, Ferguson D, Landry ML. Comparison of Simplexa™ HSV 1 & 2 Direct PCR with Culture, Immunofluorescence and Laboratory Developed TaqMan PCR for Detection of Herpes Simplex Virus in Swab Specimens. J Clin Microbiol. 51:3765-9, 2013.
- Lott JP, Liu K, Landry ML, et al. Atypical hand-foot-and-mouth disease associated with coxsackievirus A6 infection. J Am Acad Dermatol. 69:736-41, 2013.
- Yoo N, Bernstein J, Caldwell C, Dong C, Drobeniuc J, Kamili S, Landry ML. Hepatitis E virus infection in a liver transplant recipient: delayed diagnosis due to variable performance of serologic assays. Transpl Infect Dis. 15:E166-8, 2013.
- Campbell S and Landry ML. Rapid Antigen Tests. In Advanced Techniques in Diagnostic Microbiology, 2nd edition, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2012.
- Landry ML. Diagnosis of Influenza. Current Opinion In Pediatrics 23:91-97, 2011.
- Versalovic J, Carroll K, Funke G, Jorgensen J, Landry ML, Warnock D, Eds. Manual of Clinical Microbiology, 10th Edition, American Society of Microbiology, Washington DC, 2011.
- Landry ML and Ferguson D. Cytospin-enhanced immunofluorescence and impact of sample quality on diagnosis of novel swine-origin (H1N1) influenza virus. J Clin Microbiol 48:957-959, 2010.
- Kvach EJ, Ferguson D, Landry ML. Comparison of BD GeneOhm Cdiff Real-time PCR Assay with a Two-Step Algorithm and a Toxin A/B ELISA for Diagnosis of Toxigenic Clostridium difficile Infection. J Clin Microbiol 38:109-114, 2010.
- Leland D, Landry ML. Virus Isolation. In Laboratory Diagnosis of Viral Infections, Jerome K, Ed, 4th edition, Informa Press, New York, 2010.